Skip to content
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Fenugreek/methi (finely chopped) – 250gm
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
- Fresh yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – 4
- Garlic cloves – 2-3
- Ginger (grated) – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil for kneading the dough
- Salt to taste
- Water as required to knead the dough
- Make a paste of green chillies, garlic cloves and grated ginger.
- In a parat take wheat flour add finely chopped methi, coriander leaves and prepared paste.
- Now, add carom seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, sesame seeds, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Add yogurt and make a dough of mixture. Now, add some water and knead the Dough.
- Add 2 tsp of oil and knead the Dough again for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into equal portions, roll and flatten it also Dusting with wheat flour and roll it in a thin circle.
- Heat a tawa and placed the rolled thepla and cook it for a minute now, flip the thepla and add some ghee over the thepla and roast the thepla from both side.
- Ready to serve methi thepla serve it with pickle.