Skip to content
- Rice – 2 cup
- Split black gram/urad dal – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds/methi – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water for soaked
For aloo masala
- Boiled potato – 4
- Onion(chopped) – 2
- Green chillies (chopped) – 2
- Ginger (grated) – 1/2 inch
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Hing – 1 pinch
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6-8
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
Cocunut chutney for serving.
- Firstly, wash and soak rice and methi for 4-5 hours.
- Now soak urad dal for 4-5 hours.
- Transfer the soaked rice into the blender and blend it into smooth batter.
- Further, blend urad dal and methi into smooth batter.
- Now, take a large mixing bowl pour both batter into it and mix it well.
- Cover it and keep it aside to ferment for 8-10 hours.
- Add salt to fermented batter and mix well.
- To prepare aloo masala heat a pan and add sufficient oil, add hing, mustard seeds, curry leaves, turmeric powder and fry it for a second.
- Now, add green chilli, onion and grated ginger and fry it for a minute.
- Further, add boil potatoes and stir well.
- Add Coriander leaves and salt to taste and cook it for 2 minutes.
- To prepare dosa heat a non stick tawa put some oil and rub using an absorbent paper.
- Now, pour a ladleful of batter on tawa and spread it in a thin circle and smear a little oil over it.
- Then, cook the dosa for a minute or till golden brown from underside.
- Further, add aloo masala at the center.
- Fold and transfer into a serving plate.
- Serve hot masala dosa with coconut chutney.