Skip to content
- Milk powder – 6-7 tbsp
- Maida/all purpose flour – 4 tbsp
- Baking powder – 3/4 tsp
- Sugar – 2-3cup (for sugar syrup)
- Ghee – 2tbsp(for kneading dough)
- Milk – 4 tbsp(for kneading dough)
- Water as required for sugar syrup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Saffron – few threads
- Ghee for deep fry
For prepare sugar syrup:
- Heat a pan, add 3 cups of sugar and 3 cusp of water and let it boil.
- Further, add some milk for clear the syrup by removing the scum, if any.
- Now add cardamom powder and some saffron thread and boil it for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and keep it aside
For prepare gulab jamun
- Add milk powder and maida in a mixing bowl then, add baking powder and little cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Add ghee and add some milk and knead properly.
- Knead to a smooth and soft dough.
- Heat sufficient ghee in a kadai to deep fry.
- Divide the prepared dough into equal portions and make small balls.
- Deep fry the balls on low flame till golden brown.
- Immediately, drain and soak in the hot sugar syrup.
- Cover the lead and leave the gulab jamun into the sugar syrup for 2 hours.
- Ready to serve.