Skip to content
- Plain flour/maida – 2 cup
- Carom seeds/ajwain – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Water as required for making dough
- Boiled potatoes – 4
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chillies (chopped) – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Dried mango powder(aamchur powder) – 1/2tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil -. 2 tsp for fry potatoes stuffing
- Oil for deep fry
- Take a parat,add maida add carom seeds, a pinch of salte and some oil and mix well. Add some water and make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep it aside for some minutes.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, green chillies, grated ginger and saute it for a minute.
- Now, add green peas and fry it for a second, further add mashed potatoes and mix it well.
- Now add all the spices(cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, dried mango powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste) and mix all the spices properly.
- Further, add Coriander Leaves and mix it well and let it cool.
- Now, roll the dough into an oblong sheet cut it horizontally divide into two equal portions.
- Make cone of each halved sheet, stuffed some potato mixture grease little water on the edges and stick together press the seal tightly.
- Deep fry the samosas on low flame till golden brown and crisp.
- Finally ready to serve hot samosas with green chutney or tomato catchup.