Skip to content
- Moong dal – 1 cup
- Milk – 500 ml
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup ( according to your taste)
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Saffron (kesar) – 7-8 thread
- Cashews – 20 – 25
- Almonds – 20 – 25
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Pistachios – 15 – 20
- Heat a pan, add moong dal and roast it until golden brown. Once golden brown take it out in a plate and let it cool.
- Put the moong dal in a blender jar and grind it coarsely.
- Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp of ghee then, add cashews, almonds and raisins to ghee roast it well. Once roasted take it out in a plate.
- Now, heat 4 tbsp of ghee in a pan add the blended dal in ghee roast it until golden brown.
- Once dal is roasted add 500 ml milk into it and a glass of water and few saffron thread into it. Stir it continuously for 10 minutes.
- Further, add sugar to it and cardamom powder stir and cook on low flame for 10 to 15 minutes and add roasted dry fruits and cook halwa 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Take out the halwa in a plate . Garnish it with pistachios and roasted dry fruits.
- Mouth watering halwa is ready to serve.